What can be kept with Kenya trees?

dirtdobber06

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2014
Messages
112
Reaction score
36
Location
Kaufman, Tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 Kenya trees in my tank and I am trying to decide if I need to get rid of them. I want to add more color to my tank with either lps or sps. I have tried a purple acropora and red zoanthids, but they died. I'm not sure why and I'm wondering if I need to get rid of the Kenya trees to have success. I run 2x96 W PC actinic lights about 10 hrs per day and 2x150W for 4 hrs a day. I have a good maitenance schedule and dose calcium and alkalinity (test weekly). Experience and advice appreciated. this HTML class. Value is http://s1262.ph
 
It has been reported that Kenya tree's can release toxins when stressed or fighting for territory but I have not experienced any issues with other corals because of them, here is a pic of a baby that was hitch hiking on a zoa frag I purchased, the tree and Zoa's seem to be happy as neighbors.
image.png


Same frag 10 weeks later..

image.jpeg
 
My friend has a giant colony that takes up almost half of his tank and he has other softies so I don't think it is the Kenya Trees. If you want to make your tank look more colorful, ditch the trees and just fill it up with SPS and LPS. If it wasn't the Kenya Tree and Zoas are dying on you, there is something wrong with your tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new