What Corals To Get?

ollysaquariums

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2025
Messages
134
Reaction score
40
Location
Queensland
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I have a waterbox 20 cube which is a mixed reef aquarium with a clownfish pair, a firefish pair, a yellow coral goby, and a flame hawkfish.

The corals I currently have are:
Alveopora, Orange Hammer, Yellow Canary Hammer, Green Hammer, Reverse Hammer, Gold Stem Hammer (Possibly?), Three Bowerbanki, 6-8 species of zoas, Red Mushroom, Teal Favia, Long Tentacle Toadstool, Short Tentacle Toadstool, War Coral, Avatar Goni, Red Goni, Pink Goni, Green Goni, GSP, Duncan, Purple and Green Candy Canes, Lobophyllia, Birds of Paradise, Milli Acro, Blue Birdsnest, Green Goblin Anacropora, Monti Cap, Sunfire Monti Frag, Cactus Pavona, Green Cabbage, Forest Fire and Bubblegum Digitata, Cyphastrea, Candy Apple Anemone (Not coral but still).

I am out of space pretty much to add new corals but I want some better corals because some corals just could be better but I’m not sure which ones. Any recommendations for corals to replace and what to replace them with? Also if possible please help with placement, I’ll attach a photo of my tank :)

Thank you!

20260811_074947_1DF372E5-2FB6-40E5-A462-CB9D6E134389.png
 
Hey everyone,
I have a waterbox 20 cube which is a mixed reef aquarium with a clownfish pair, a firefish pair, a yellow coral goby, and a flame hawkfish.

The corals I currently have are:
Alveopora, Orange Hammer, Yellow Canary Hammer, Green Hammer, Reverse Hammer, Gold Stem Hammer (Possibly?), Three Bowerbanki, 6-8 species of zoas, Red Mushroom, Teal Favia, Long Tentacle Toadstool, Short Tentacle Toadstool, War Coral, Avatar Goni, Red Goni, Pink Goni, Green Goni, GSP, Duncan, Purple and Green Candy Canes, Lobophyllia, Birds of Paradise, Milli Acro, Blue Birdsnest, Green Goblin Anacropora, Monti Cap, Sunfire Monti Frag, Cactus Pavona, Green Cabbage, Forest Fire and Bubblegum Digitata, Cyphastrea, Candy Apple Anemone (Not coral but still).

I am out of space pretty much to add new corals but I want some better corals because some corals just could be better but I’m not sure which ones. Any recommendations for corals to replace and what to replace them with? Also if possible please help with placement, I’ll attach a photo of my tank :)

Thank you!

20260811_074947_1DF372E5-2FB6-40E5-A462-CB9D6E134389.png
I have a ton of gsp that'd go nice on the back wall 😂🪸 or some ricordea mushrooms on the sandbed
301b6ec1-6991-404c-ad12-66cad4df030b.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new