What corals with host clownfish (occelaris)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ro Bow
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2021
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
990
Location
Pacific Northwest
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i will have a 15 gallon cube nano tank. I want to know what corals will host a occelaris clownfish, and will not harm other inhabitants. Thanks
 
Clowns are the guests. Its the corals that are the host.
Which ones typically accept clowns?
- toadstool
- Hairy mushroom
- certain Eupyhillia such as hammer , frogspawn and torch)
- Xenia
- GSP

Many more
 
My clowns love their torch (in a 20g), but they begun to take interest in my GSP, which is beside my/their torch. They like both, but I think they know the torch has a more powerful sting so it would protect them better. But I wouldn't think too much about it, clowns will host in almost anything. I've seen threads/posts in R2R about clowns hosting in zoas.
 
Clowns are the guests. Its the corals that are the host.
Which ones typically accept clowns?
- toadstool
- Hairy mushroom
- certain Eupyhillia such as hammer , frogspawn and torch)
- Xenia
- GSP

Many more
I've seen them use acropora in the wild, but those were big colonies lol
 
i will have a 15 gallon cube nano tank. I want to know what corals will host a occelaris clownfish, and will not harm other inhabitants. Thanks
Mine hosted my waving hand Xenia.... guards that thing like a castle.
 
My clowns host a powerhead

Same lol.


They should call clowns weirdos. I’ll rub this in a little
E6B54628-16B1-4180-8B71-D3D6DD039A15.jpeg
 
They should call clowns weirdos. I’ll rub this in a little
E6B54628-16B1-4180-8B71-D3D6DD039A15.jpeg
Low blow..... I've even streamed video to my clowns of other anemone hosting clowns. Now they host my HoB filter.
 
Low blow..... I've even streamed video to my clowns of other anemone hosting clowns. Now they host my HoB filter.
Chased those two when they were babies in a tank of 100 clowns. Only two that hung out by a tiny BTA. I took the trio. I cheated
 
Chased those two when they were babies in a tank of 100 clowns. Only two that hung out by a tiny BTA. I took the trio. I cheated
I selected these 2 specific clowns because they were being hosted at the LFS. Keep kicking me while I'm down
 
I selected these 2 specific clowns because they were being hosted at the LFS. Keep kicking me while I'm down
Are you serious? That’s crazy. I would have been so bummed. I bagged all three together and put BTA in the tank then the clowns. They immediately went for it.
 
One of mine has decided to host a zoa colony...
 

Attachments

  • 36D559AA-516D-489D-A35C-9F809BF9223A.png
    36D559AA-516D-489D-A35C-9F809BF9223A.png
    924.5 KB · Views: 70

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new