What could be causing this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hnav94
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hnav94

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2024
Messages
50
Reaction score
32
Location
Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgive me if this isn't an sps still very new to this, but I purchased a used system and everything seems good so far. But I think this (birdsnest?) Is starting to die I've been watching water parameters and they've been pretty stable

PH:8
Nitrates: 26
Alk: 10.6
Salinity 1.025
1000002975.jpg

I've got a phosphate tester on the way but I don't want to loose any livestock from previous owner
 
Yes its dying, both from the top and from the bottom. There is not even a small healthy part that you can frag.

Its really hard to say what happened without a lot more info.... IME birdsnest are finicky and don't like any changes.
 
Yes its dying, both from the top and from the bottom. There is not even a small healthy part that you can frag.

Its really hard to say what happened without a lot more info.... IME birdsnest are finicky and don't like any changes.
Any harm in leaving the skeleton? It looks cool
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new