What did i do wrong?

YellowFinsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently, i was trying to move a pair of bangaii cardinals to another tank to focus on their breeding (3x breeding unsuccessful).

I used a container to scoop the male to put it into the specimen container for acclimation and took my eyes off of it for a minute while i tried to catch his mate.

When i took a glance at it after catching his mate, i noticed that he was twitching sideways with his jaw wide open while struggling to swim. It died 5 minutes later.

Any speculations on the above issue?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently, i was trying to move a pair of bangaii cardinals to another tank to focus on their breeding (3x breeding unsuccessful).

I used a container to scoop the male to put it into the specimen container for acclimation and took my eyes off of it for a minute while i tried to catch his mate.

When i took a glance at it after catching his mate, i noticed that he was twitching sideways with his jaw wide open while struggling to swim. It died 5 minutes later.

Any speculations on the above issue?
Could you have injured the fish when catching?

OP
OP
YellowFinsReef

YellowFinsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought of that too, but there was no possible way the fish could have been injured. It wasn't handled improperly or anything and this is quite the first time I've seen this during a transfer.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back