What do to with the clownfish?

pizano911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20-gallon AIO cube tank, and the pet store recommended introducing two Chromies to finish the cycle. However, my ammonia level is between 0.2 and 0.4. Despite this, the fish are still alive and eating well.

After seeking advice from another store, the owner suggested that I should have waited before introducing the fish. When I mentioned doing a water change, he advised against it and recommended leaving everything alone.

Now, I have another dilemma as someone has gifted me two Orange Storm clownfish, which will arrive tomorrow, Thursday, as a surprise birthday gift. I'm concerned about putting them into the tank and risking their health due to the high ammonia levels.

What should I do?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20-gallon AIO cube tank, and the pet store recommended introducing two Chromies to finish the cycle. However, my ammonia level is between 0.2 and 0.4. Despite this, the fish are still alive and eating well.

After seeking advice from another store, the owner suggested that I should have waited before introducing the fish. When I mentioned doing a water change, he advised against it and recommended leaving everything alone.

Now, I have another dilemma as someone has gifted me two Orange Storm clownfish, which will arrive tomorrow, Thursday, as a surprise birthday gift. I'm concerned about putting them into the tank and risking their health due to the high ammonia levels.

What should I do?
Yeah I wouldnt put them in there. Is there a local store that could maybe hold them for you until your tank is up and running? I would also remove those chromis asap as cycling a tank with them in is very hard on them.

OP
OP
pizano911

pizano911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second pet store said that he can hold them for me, thats my best option, but he would not take the chromies.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second pet store said that he can hold them for me, thats my best option, but he would not take the chromies.
Take the chromis back to the other store and hve the new one hold the storms for you

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back