What do you all feed your Serpent Starfish.

SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently am feeding raw frozen shrimp chunked and thawed. i am looking for other ideas. i do know they scavenge and all but like to make sure they are not hungry. i have a tall cylinder aquarium with a full canopy and top. i am looking for something maybe i wont have to pull out later if uneaten. are there any larger sinking pellets that i could use tongs to spot feed them? i have four. a banded, harlequin, key lime, and colored giraffe. thanks for any help

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually nothing, but at least once every 1-2 months I reach in with a turkey baster and drop some pellets on its arms. I've had my harlequin for more than 4 years now.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine went nuts for flake food. It was really the only thing that ate it, except the clowns nibbbling it, and I'd just grab a few flakes in togs, bring it down to the star's arms and it would immediately curl them around the flakes and gobble it up. Good diet? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
OP
SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually nothing, but at least once every 1-2 months I reach in with a turkey baster and drop some pellets on its arms. I've had my harlequin for more than 4 years now.
thanks. i use tongs to feed them the raw shrimp. my aquarium is a 42 inches tall so i need to find the longest baster that i can but that would help ensure they get it.

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I feed my rock anemones mysis shrimp, I make sure to drop a few pieces in the cave where my small harlequin serpent lives. He had a rough start as I didn't make sure he got food before and he actually split himself in half. The two legged section eventually died but the three legged one regrew and he's healthy and serpenty once more now. Mysis shrimp is a definite favorite.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a red and a harlequin in my previous reef life. They ate most thing i fed them. They seemed to like algae wafers, larger soft sinking pellets, large meaty chucks, and mysis the most.
You can get something like this
1706365673151.png

There is also this
1706365730877.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back