What do you dose for mainly LPS/Soft Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Timrpn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Timrpn

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
502
Reaction score
176
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I currently have a 75gal tank, mostly softies, with some LPS, very little. I want to get into predominately LPS tank. I was wondering what you dose to keep these corals thriving? I have Aquaforest 1,2,3. but i am unsure if this is really not the rough i need as I have little Alk consumption. I dose about 4 mls a day. What programs or what do you dose and what luck do you have with it? I am not looking at keeping SPS as of right now.

Thanks!!
 
I have about 50-60lbs of rock.
1 - Naso Tang
2 - Clowns
1 - six line wrasse
1 - Coral beauty
1 - Benji Cardinal
2 - PJ Cardinals
2 - Pink Anthesis

1 small hammer coral
Bunch of mushrooms
2 medium size leather corals
Rock flower anemone

I try and water change 10-15% every 2-3 weeks.
 
I use the Red Sea program.
Do you use all the trace elements that they say to use and keep your alk at 11.5? Seemed high to me, and lots of additives to do every day. I have 2 Apex dos's, so I would have 4 dosing heads available.
 
Alk, Ca, and Mg. I use RedSea AB+ twice per week. I do test the values once in a while and manually dose individual elements to correct any changes.

Of course, I also do water changes (15% every two weeks).
 
Hello, I currently have a 75gal tank, mostly softies, with some LPS, very little. I want to get into predominately LPS tank. I was wondering what you dose to keep these corals thriving? I have Aquaforest 1,2,3. but i am unsure if this is really not the rough i need as I have little Alk consumption. I dose about 4 mls a day. What programs or what do you dose and what luck do you have with it? I am not looking at keeping SPS as of right now.

Thanks!!
I have two montis in my tank. All I do is keep an eye on nitrates and do a water change every 4 to 6 weeks of 5 gallons in my 20 long. Then I test bi weekly for calc and mag. I constantly test alk and dose seachem eight four and keep my alk at 7.5 constantly. It's keeping all my corals healthy and growing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new