What do you dose for mainly LPS/Soft Tank

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I currently have a 75gal tank, mostly softies, with some LPS, very little. I want to get into predominately LPS tank. I was wondering what you dose to keep these corals thriving? I have Aquaforest 1,2,3. but i am unsure if this is really not the rough i need as I have little Alk consumption. I dose about 4 mls a day. What programs or what do you dose and what luck do you have with it? I am not looking at keeping SPS as of right now.

Thanks!!

OP
OP
Timrpn

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 50-60lbs of rock.
1 - Naso Tang
2 - Clowns
1 - six line wrasse
1 - Coral beauty
1 - Benji Cardinal
2 - PJ Cardinals
2 - Pink Anthesis

1 small hammer coral
Bunch of mushrooms
2 medium size leather corals
Rock flower anemone

I try and water change 10-15% every 2-3 weeks.

OP
OP
Timrpn

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Red Sea program.
Do you use all the trace elements that they say to use and keep your alk at 11.5? Seemed high to me, and lots of additives to do every day. I have 2 Apex dos's, so I would have 4 dosing heads available.

jjencek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk, Ca, and Mg. I use RedSea AB+ twice per week. I do test the values once in a while and manually dose individual elements to correct any changes.

Of course, I also do water changes (15% every two weeks).

Radicalrob1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I currently have a 75gal tank, mostly softies, with some LPS, very little. I want to get into predominately LPS tank. I was wondering what you dose to keep these corals thriving? I have Aquaforest 1,2,3. but i am unsure if this is really not the rough i need as I have little Alk consumption. I dose about 4 mls a day. What programs or what do you dose and what luck do you have with it? I am not looking at keeping SPS as of right now.

Thanks!!
I have two montis in my tank. All I do is keep an eye on nitrates and do a water change every 4 to 6 weeks of 5 gallons in my 20 long. Then I test bi weekly for calc and mag. I constantly test alk and dose seachem eight four and keep my alk at 7.5 constantly. It's keeping all my corals healthy and growing.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back