What do you like most about a Reef Forum?

What is the most important factor that makes a reef forum good for you?

  • Information/Ability to find help

    Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Friends and other forum members

    Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Friendliness of the forum staff/mods

    Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Ability to buy and sell coral and equipment

    Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Ability to have a place to keep an aquarium log

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Way to connect to local clubs/local people

    Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Way to connect to Sponsors/Vendors

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Way for YOU to help others in the hobby

    Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other (please explain)

    Votes: 4 6.7%

  • Total voters
    60
Pictures! :tongue: Plus, its nice to have a place to get info from the expert reefers.
 
Honestly most of us are here for information and trying to learn to be better with this hobby. But if you dont have friendly people, mods, personal sellers, vendors, sponsors and a friendly place to share pics, expireneces, and helpful info...then its all for not!!

I voted one and i love this place for all the other answers listed as well!!! Rev you are the man!!
 
I like to read posts more than make comments, and I like the fact that this forum allows people to be themselves without over-censoring. It would at least seem that the vast majority of members here give that same respect back to the staff by not posting anything inappropriate / inflammatory. I think that's a credit to the site, its staff, and the people that use it.
 
This place makes me feel welcome, rc makes me scared to even post! Those guys make you feel like you could be banned at any moment...2 completely differently ran forums...
 
I chose other. There's alot more than just the options posted that makes me love this forum specifically. The help and support from all you reefers even if the situation becomes a non reef related one. Makes you feel like it's more than just friends but rather family. Keep up the good work rev and I will continue to support this forum as much as I can.
 
This place makes me feel welcome, rc makes me scared to even post! Those guys make you feel like you could be banned at any moment...2 completely differently ran forums...

Lol. This is so true. I've seen people get banned left and right on RC. I guess it's due to the size of the RC forum. Regulating thousands of members must be a tuff task for those mods.
 
Lol. This is so true. I've seen people get banned left and right on RC. I guess it's due to the size of the RC forum. Regulating thousands of members must be a tuff task for those mods.

<<<<< banned at rc

Could be.

I think also that 1) I have matured with my posting and 2) this forum is much more open "other" methods such as algae filtration, refugiums, ats and the like.


my .02
 
Best part of a reef forum is actually the drama, beef, cards being pulled, lies etc etc...

... ahh as it anything.
 
I voted other..

I like #1 and #2 but I also like a Quick response and LOTS OF PICTURES!!!
call me childish but I live for photos of stuff
 
I like helping people with reef keeping on forums but try to avoid "real" people at all costs lol
 
I voted for the friendliness of the staff/mods but really I think the staff/mods actions are a true reflection of the members. R2R has such great members who just want to share their knowledge, show off what they got and just plain ol have a good time doing so.:bigsmile:

But this isn't my only choice, they are all great choices and I really have to agree with Troy, I get my greatest satisfaction out of helping others out to better their experience in this very expensive and frustrating hobby we all love.

Also as much as I may dislike some of the other forums that are out there on the net I urge everyone to please keep it friendly and refrain from adding negative remarks about them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new