What does Every one feed there fish and corals

Toni1984

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mostly frozen food, marine mix, plankton and krill along with some seaweed for the tangs and reef roids for most of the corals with a bit of prawn, how often are people are people feeding and is anyone using dry at all
Many thanks

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put nori in every morning. Later I feed frozen mysis shrimp. Occasionally, I’ll mix in brine shrimp, fish eggs, or frozen squid. But that’s not very often. If I’m really short on time, I might drop in some pellets or flakes but the really polite the water. I’m not a proponent of vacuuming a sand bed so I try to minimize using anything but frozen food. Everything else falls to the bottom and degrades. Any frozen food I put in gets snatched up in seconds and if the fish miss it the hermits come out in droves to snatch a bite. The frozen “dust” feeds the corals.

I gave up feeding corals. I might do it twice a year just because I feel guilty abt paying for the coral food and not using it. I never saw anything grow bigger or have better color when I used it regularly. I did have trouble keeping phosphates and nitrates under control though. I feed my anemones a piece of krill every two to three weeks.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a combination of Hikari Bio-Pure frozen foods once a day and NLS pellets once a day. I'd feed NLS pellets more often if I didn't mind how ugly the auto feeder looks on my rimless tank. :eek:

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Staple of New Life Spectrum pellets - 60-75%, then some mysis mixed in along with some PE pellets.

I would feed more kinds of pellets, but NLS is all that I can find in the larger bucket.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larry's Reef Frenzy exclusively, broadcast in the tank. I don't individually feed anything.
Sometimes I will toss in something like Reef Chili or ReefRoids just for the coral, but again it's broadcast. Skimmer off.

biophilia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed Piscine Energetics mysis pellets and Hikari Marine S pellets twice per day because it's quick, and feed the fish and corals frozen mysis, frozen cyclops, live 24-48 hour artemia, R.N. phyto-feast, R.N. rotifers and R.N. oyster-feast on rotating basis. I tend to focus on feeding the corals really heavily and the fish basically eat whatever is not captured by the polyps.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of fish and corals in my 92 gallon tank and feed my fish 8 cubes a day of various Hikari frozen shrimps. Once a week I will give them Hikari marine a and seaweed extreme pellets and mash up some clams with the pellets. My corals I only feed what ever they get from the Hikari cubes along with the fish poop and the lights. Around every 2 weeks I also broadcast feed the corals reef roids in the morning before I go to work while the lights are off.

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I broadcast feed frozen mysis and a marine mix to the tank 1-2 times per day usually. If I am running late and don't have some frozen thawed out, I have some NLS pellets I can feed as well. Occasionally, highly randomly, I'll target feed some of the LPS corals I have some of the frozen mix as well.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live white worms, black worms and a clam when they have them at the store, frozen piscine, rodifers, mysis, spriralina brine, and some rods food. I do add some seaweed but not sure if anyone eats the stuff. 4 cubes a day. 1/2 in the am -1/2 in the pm. I have to wait on the worms because they are spoiled and wont eat other stuff if there are worms. 2 times a week I drop in 2 algae wafers, broken up, for the bottom night feeders (shrimp) Every Sunday the tank gets 10 ml Phytofeast, 10 ml Oysterfeast, 1 huge tablespoon reef roids mixed with 500 mil tank water. I try to spot feed everyone and dump in the rest. Takes about 6 hours for the water to clear.
Oh and I do feed the fuge a small pinch of pellets I got for free.

ianryd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Broadcast feed Hikari frozen brine shrimp for my fish 2x a day alternating between regular brine and spirulina brine. I turn off all flow and Target feed Hikari frozen krill for my LPS once a week. My fish dont seem to be interested in the krill so it gives the corals a good chance to chow down. I also use Biopets powdered mix once in a while, and oysterfeast for the corals. I give my BTA a little chunk of raw frozen shrimp from the grocery store once a week.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back