What does this DIAL do on this WAVEMAKER Controller?

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what the dial does on the bottom of this Jebao Controller? Also, I don’t understand what’s the difference between the speed settings and that dial. Read over the manual and it didn’t have much explaining about what the dial does.
1618260320195.png

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It adjusts the frequency of the pulse in some wave modes. So if you are in a pulse mode if you have dial at one side there will be long delay between pulses, but turn to other side and there will be a very short delay between pulses.
I have mine on else mode which is basically random mode. I’ll see if I can notice a difference in pulses. Thanks. Anyone else have any ideas or would like to second that?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine on else mode which is basically random mode. I’ll see if I can notice a difference in pulses. Thanks. Anyone else have any ideas or would like to second that?
When on else mode it doesn't do anything. I have 2 of them working on else mode also

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know I just sit in front of the tank and look at the water movement and the impeller, I turn every knob until I like what I see. What I was told, when you are close to dialing in the pump, watch the corner if you see the water go up and down it is good.

ChrisOFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need two pumps in master/slave mode, wave mode set to C. The dial will control how long it takes to alternate between switching one pump off and the other pump on.

Last edited:

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am saying you are wrong in saying you need two pumps and mode set to H for it to do anything. Sorry for not being clear enough. FYI you are not unique in owning the pump. My experience also happens to match what the manual i linked shows....so i am sticking with that.

ChrisOFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am saying you are wrong in saying you need two pumps and mode set to H for it to do anything. Sorry for not being clear enough. FYI you are not unique in owning the pump. My experience also happens to match what the manual i linked shows....so i am sticking with that.
Yes the manual says C: shift to flow mode, requires two pumps in master/ slave, knob controls pumps. I just got the H and C mixed up.

Also says W1 mode, turn knob to control wavelength. Knob doesn't do anything in other modes

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol no you are still completely wrong. The manual indicates it is used in all modes except "H". Hopefully you are starting to see why i said "no". Main point being though that the dial is used even without two pumps.

Screenshot_20210413-001141.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back