what does this look like to you

The Ugly Phase

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2025
Messages
666
Reaction score
444
Location
Somewhere
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hate this nitrate test kit i have a nyos coming and ment to be better but for you who love salifert what does this read?


20260711_195735.jpg
 
I'd figure somewhere between 70-90 ppm. These color tests can be a pain sometimes and can be really subjective.
i put it in ai and it says anywhere from 30-70 but yes very hard to read i actually hate this test nyos is on the way wednesday if thats annoying ill bite the bullet and get a hanna lol
 
i hate this nitrate test kit i have a nyos coming and ment to be better but for you who love salifert what does this read?


20260711_195735.jpg
I see .75 which is considered to be elevated
 
I see .75 which is considered to be elevated
yea was feeding abit too heavy have cut down now working on getting it down gonna get nyos as a confirmation as salifert seems abit turd tbh

my phosphates are 0.1 to 0.25 could not tell the difference between colours so need to work on that too
 
Some reasons for high Phos will be overfeeding, uneaten food decay, use of tap water and addition of rock which can increase phosphates and silicates and also poor filtration
 
Phosphate is not too bad. I try to keep mine around. 09-.2 when it starts to raise to the upper parameters Ill change out gfo. What are you using to export nitrate? Its definitely high,I see 75 ppm, but a few water changes and feeding less should take care of it.
 
Phosphate is not too bad. I try to keep mine around. 09-.2 when it starts to raise to the upper parameters Ill change out gfo. What are you using to export nitrate? Its definitely high,I see 75 ppm, but a few water changes and feeding less should take care of it.
skimmer and clarisea i think im going to invest in a fuge light and get some macro algae aswell as keep water changes up i change 1 gallon a day
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new