What eats dying / dead Green Hair algae?

ihateSpirorbids

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2021
Messages
87
Reaction score
27
Location
Seattle
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a hair algae outbreak that I treated with hydrogen peroxide. They're mostly dead now, and I've manually scrubbed and scooped them out. However there's still a ton of them remaining on my rocks, even though it's dead (the GHA turned brown/yellow).

Will anything eat dying or dead GHA? Sailfin tang, emerald crab, court jester goby, etc? I know these animals eat live GHA, but I can't find any info on dead ones.
 
Usually a few hungry blue leg hermits can do a pretty good job. Sea hates are good for this as well. Astrea or if you can find dove tail snails. Lots of options depending on size of tank and location.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new