What effect does a dino outbreak have on BTA's?

Ironic_Water

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2023
Messages
130
Reaction score
81
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I've had a gnarly dino outbreak caused by me accidentally throwing my system out of wack by cratering my nutrients.

My BTA has shrunken to a tiny speck over the course of a week. Still alive, but clearly very irritated.

Do you think it's the dino outbreak itself irritating it, or the fact the microbiome is now out of balance in my tank?
 
You shouldn't see any dino on the BTA; the BTA will kill it. But, dying (or eaten) dino could be poisoning the tank.
 
Upvote 0
You shouldn't see any dino on the BTA; the BTA will kill it. But, dying (or eaten) dino could be poisoning the tank.
Does Dino's release poison? Nothing on the BTA, just surrounding it. Poor thing went from the size of a big softball to the size of a big grape.

I put in some new GAC as I thought I heard Dino's release toxins.
 
Upvote 0
Some species do when they die. Hence why the BTA could be poisoning itself by stinging the dinos that get close to it.
 
Upvote 0
Does Dino's release poison? Nothing on the BTA, just surrounding it. Poor thing went from the size of a big softball to the size of a big grape.

I put in some new GAC as I thought I heard Dino's release toxins.
Yes it will potency determined by species.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new