What Epoxy do you use?

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2009
Messages
1,385
Reaction score
70
Location
NYC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just thought I'd start this thread because I just ran out of my old epoxy I had used in the past and can't find it in the US anywhere. My LFS doesn't sell it anymore and it was the best epoxy I have ever worked with. Oderless, didnt stick to my fingers or get hot, didn't cause my skimmer to not skim and was the color of coraline algae. Overall A++. .It was called 'Easy Glue Preis Aquaristik'

So, Im just curious to see what other epoxy people use and the pro's/ con's to them and where I can buy some!
 
We use Epo Putty, love the stuff, I order it by the box. We often use it to put two pieces of ceramic together when we make larger structures.

Scott
Alternative Reef,llc
 
I've use JB Waterweld, but when I want something a bit stiffer for say a frag that I want to stay standing up, I've used Oatey's Fix it Stick or RectorSeal's Epoxy Putty, both available at HD.


30a044ed-e891-4d2b-9387-9847d6eedcf4_1000.jpg


6216a088-642d-4b34-b9f2-363ba00efc2b_1000.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new