What fish to hyposalinity QT to get rid of Ich?

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all of the most well respected, published aquarists recommend QT and a copper treatment. My QT tank is NOT sewer water. It has great parameters. MiniDevil, read the articles posted by Reefing Madness, they say almost all you need to know. Also do a google search and get as informed as possible. I don't think your foxface has ich though, symptoms aren't matching.

OP
OP
M

MiniDevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all of the most well respected, published aquarists recommend QT and a copper treatment. My QT tank is NOT sewer water. It has great parameters. MiniDevil, read the articles posted by Reefing Madness, they say almost all you need to know. Also do a google search and get as informed as possible. I don't think your foxface has ich though, symptoms aren't matching.

Sounds good. Hopefully this is just stress induced. I've only had the foxface for a few weeks. It is still skittish but coming around. If that's the case, it will be an easy remedy and I will consider myself lucky. I've definitely learned a lesson about quarantining.

H2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to clarify, are you saying that the copper itself is more harmful to fish than the Ich, or are you saying that neglecting your aquarium causes Ich?

Yes ich is a sign of a neglected fishtank with parameters that stress fish out imo u getting false reading from your test kits . yes its also Tru that copper kills ich a lot of people recommend it if u were to use it in your tank your rock will get so polluted u won't grow any coral in that system ever again kind of thing so the simple fix is get the water situation fixed shrimp will clean them up in no time . High temp swings , high salnity ,high NO3 or PO4 one of those 4 r the most common ich triggers just my !2 cents

Bad Company

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich can be eradicated from your system. There are three proven treatments for ich:
- Copper - chemically kills, can strain fish, will kill inverts and poison tank to inverts
- Hyposalinity - kills ich, raising salinity back quickly very hard on fish, low salinity will kill inverts
- Tank transfer - eliminates detached ich, stressful on fish to be transferred

To remove ich from your system, let it lie fallow.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 177 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.9%
Back