What frags helped pay for your hobby?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdino
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kdino

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
629
Reaction score
579
Location
Langhorne, Pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey R2R! I was inspired by a post I saw this morning by Mike Biggar- the originator of the Walt Disney, he asked what frag has most helped you pay for the hobby and your wallet? Post up some pics and feel free to share a little story!

Here's a pic of the BigR WD to drool over from his site
Walt_Mother_37361ddb-4f25-4bcd-9684-91d4000dd8f0_large.jpg
WD101_1_large.jpg
 
IMHO it depends on what grows best in your tank which makes it available to frag and sell.
How you intend to sell, Craigslist, your local club, or shipping all over for sales on a national forum like R2R.
What the market is for any given coral at any given moment in time. Easy corals sell for lower prices and most new hobbyists will buy them. Fancy corals are harder to grow and sell for higher prices, but the market is smaller as beginners are unwilling to pay high prices for coral they aren't sure they can keep alive.
 
Th
IMHO it depends on what grows best in your tank which makes it available to frag and sell.
How you intend to sell, Craigslist, your local club, or shipping all over for sales on a national forum like R2R.
What the market is for any given coral at any given moment in time. Easy corals sell for lower prices and most new hobbyists will buy them. Fancy corals are harder to grow and sell for higher prices, but the market is smaller as beginners are unwilling to pay high prices for coral they aren't sure they can keep alive.
This isn't for me to guage interest in selling or the market, it's just a light hearted "lets share a story" of how you fund your hobby, interesting frag stories, that kind of stuff... That's all.
 
Not a frag per say but I got an incredible deal on an older 150 gallon tank, stand, hood, the whole setup that I was able to flip for a profit. As a beginner I wasn't ready to invest in what it would take to get that tank up to snuff so I used the profits to get my first tank up and running. My plan eventually is to frag off the zoas I've got cooking to pay for upgrades and the next tank.
 
Not a frag per say but I got an incredible deal on an older 150 gallon tank, stand, hood, the whole setup that I was able to flip for a profit. As a beginner I wasn't ready to invest in what it would take to get that tank up to snuff so I used the profits to get my first tank up and running. My plan eventually is to frag off the zoas I've got cooking to pay for upgrades and the next tank.
What a great way to enter the hobby. Thanks for sharing! Got any pics of the zoas? I mean a thread is always useless without pics right? ?
 
I bought a candy crush from Ben Arnowitz @BSA Corals and she split and I got exactly what I paid initially just for the split. Sorry I don’t have a pic
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new