What Giesemann spectra to choose for 96x48x33 sps tank.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just thinking that if weight is an issue and you don't want the T5s, then why not get some MH only pendants from ReefBrite. 8 of them. It is too bad that you likely cannot find 8x of the 14x14 ish Hamiltons.

You can put on Reefbrite XHOs or T5 retros or whatever in between them.

OP
OP
S

Sandeep Brar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just thinking that if weight is an issue and you don't want the T5s, then why not get some MH only pendants from ReefBrite. 8 of them. It is too bad that you likely cannot find 8x of the 14x14 ish Hamiltons.

I was looking at it and thinking I could get the blasts locally. However it doesn’t look as good as Giesemann. Tank is in lounge so that’s bit consideration. Spectra is 11kg each as per website. So is the pcc gen2 so I’ll be actually taking some weight of the rack. I have to build something new tho

OP
OP
S

Sandeep Brar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi, I’m decided on Giesemann and currently getting the order sorted with the guys from Germany, they also suggested that 6x 400w spectra 600mm (24inch) would be more than sufficient if mounted in 2 rows of 3 lengthwise. Suggested because shipping 6x small units is much easier than 4x big ones. What do you think?i

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is probably fine. Decide quick once you get them so that you can order 2 more before they don't have them anymore or change the look or something.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at it and thinking I could get the blasts locally. However it doesn’t look as good as Giesemann. Tank is in lounge so that’s bit consideration. Spectra is 11kg each as per website. So is the pcc gen2 so I’ll be actually taking some weight of the rack. I have to build something new tho
Hmm, I was curious as to your weight calcs. How "remote" can you put the ballasts?
Your 24" plus if you need to mount the ballasts on the rack come to 6 +4.8Kg (400W ballast).
64.8Kg (142.5lbs approx) total.

Your 4ft would be your 11 plus 4.8Kg

OP
OP
S

Sandeep Brar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, I was curious as to your weight calcs. How "remote" can you put the ballasts?
Your 24" plus if you need to mount the ballasts on the rack come to 6 +4.8Kg (400W ballast).
64.8Kg (142.5lbs approx) total.

Your 4ft would be your 11 plus 4.8Kg
I was thinking to mount them on the cover that sits between tank top and wall.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You going to use some of the Giesemann 400w bulbs? Curious as to what you choose.

Ushio still has 400w in 14k for not too expensive:

OP
OP
S

Sandeep Brar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You going to use some of the Giesemann 400w bulbs? Curious as to what you choose.

Ushio still has 400w in 14k for not too expensive:
It’s gonna come with megachrome crystal I think. Was gonna change to something little more blue. Radium’s looks sold out at most of the places. How’s the ushio as compared to radium? Colour wise

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s gonna come with megachrome crystal I think. Was gonna change to something little more blue. Radium’s looks sold out at most of the places. How’s the ushio as compared to radium? Colour wise
Marine - 12500K - Emulates shallow reef lighting for great growth of coral
Coral - 14500K - Great white coloration focusing on a subtle mix of blue while still providing good growth and fluorescent coloration
Crystal - 17500K - Optically white but gives off peaks of blue and violet to help give the best coloration and growth
Blue - 21000K - Emulates deeper waters with a deep blue spectrum and very little red and yellow light produced

Is that fixture de or mogul?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ushio 14k is high output, but is not as blue as Radium 20k. The color is nice, just not like a Radium. If you want a little more blue, then the 14k Ushio probably is not for you.

OP
OP
S

Sandeep Brar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ushio does. They are a Germany bulb maker. They very likely stopped making Aquarium bulbs, but they make bulbs of all other sorts.

The Crystal bulb has a nice blue pop also with a bit of purple. It is nice. It is different than the Radium 20k, but not in a bad or good way... just different.

OP
OP
S

Sandeep Brar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ushio does. They are a Germany bulb maker. They very likely stopped making Aquarium bulbs, but they make bulbs of all other sorts.

The Crystal bulb has a nice blue pop also with a bit of purple. It is nice. It is different than the Radium 20k, but not in a bad or good way... just different.
I think 20k are available to bulk order from somewhere

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They said it will be shipped after holidays, freight volumes decrease and more chance of glass surviving the journey
I would order them before the new year price increases!

Hopefully you will post some pictures when the tank gets done.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 38 38.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.1%
Back