What happened to my torch :(

  • Thread starter Thread starter bkayereefs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Brown Jelly Disease (BJD). It got infected. You do not want to move it around in the tank like that. That will spread to other torches easily. Personally I would carefully remove and dispose of that coral.

The best thing I found for this case is oxolinic acid if it spreads. I don't condone antibiotics but sometimes bjd can get aggressive and wipe out all your torches or hammers.

https://championlighting.com/oxolinic-acid-50g.html
https://www.bareefers.org/forum/thr...infections-in-corals-protocol-included.36139/
I have tried a lot of things for torch diseases and so far oxolinic acid has been the most effective. Most likely everyone and their cousins will start recommending you to use cipro antibiotic. I would stay away from that.

Hydrospace Probio PNS Bacteria also seems to be very beneficial post treatment. Good luck.
 
Brown Jelly Disease (BJD). It got infected. You do not want to move it around in the tank like that. That will spread to other torches easily. Personally I would carefully remove and dispose of that coral.

The best thing I found for this case is oxolinic acid if it spreads. I don't condone antibiotics but sometimes bjd can get aggressive and wipe out all your torches or hammers.

https://championlighting.com/oxolinic-acid-50g.html
https://www.bareefers.org/forum/thr...infections-in-corals-protocol-included.36139/
I have tried a lot of things for torch diseases and so far oxolinic acid has been the most effective. Most likely everyone and their cousins will start recommending you to use cipro antibiotic. I would stay away from that.

Hydrospace Probio PNS Bacteria also seems to be very beneficial post treatment. Good luck.
Makes so much sense. I had 2 colonies of hammers and another torch that randomly went out too, I thought it was my lighting. Thanks so much for the detailed help. If I remove of it should I do anything else before buying more?
 
Makes so much sense. I had 2 colonies of hammers and another torch that randomly went out too, I thought it was my lighting. Thanks so much for the detailed help. If I remove of it should I do anything else before buying more?

More times than not I think BJD will spread. If you see a sign of another LPS going out the same way I would buy the oxolinic acid immediately. Probably best to order it and keep it on hand anyway.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new