what happened to plasma lighting?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kutcha
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Sorry, did I check up, and I ended up being wrong on that. They seems to be about equivalent. Found an interesting article comparing LED and LEP effect on coral growth and coloration.
https://reefs.com/magazine/coral-gr...ht-emitting-plasma-a-cross-family-comparison/It would suggest that the main issue about this tech is the acquisition cost and the spectrum (having an awesome growth on corals with washed out colors is less appealing to hobbyist than having a good growth with colorful corals).

Their conclusion is that this tech is great for aquaculture.
I can't believe they did all this work and accidentally swapped the acropora sample, making it impossible to draw any conclusions about acropora. They seriously should have repeated the acro trial.
yungn3-missing.gif
 
Well after a year now, I can confirm that it definatelly grows SPS and does it very well.
Acropora humilis 1st pic 22cm across 2nd pic 9 cm ish across. So thats massive growth. From january 23, 2023 to this date
 

Attachments

  • F2E57523-D6D4-4F30-8FA6-8D581F39C2A7.jpeg
    F2E57523-D6D4-4F30-8FA6-8D581F39C2A7.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 23E46539-7E9F-4592-B8E6-0202D3BAB4EC.jpeg
    23E46539-7E9F-4592-B8E6-0202D3BAB4EC.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 101
Well after a year now, I can confirm that it definatelly grows SPS and does it very well.
Acropora humilis 1st pic 22cm across 2nd pic 9 cm ish across. So thats massive growth. From january 23, 2023 to this date
... and no algae at all in the system. Well done!
I love A. humilis. Thanks for posting the picture!
 
... and no algae at all in the system. Well done!
I love A. humilis. Thanks for posting the picture!
Tahnks, Yeah the lightrack is new thats why its still white, but yes other than corraline algae there is not much.Of course algae will grow very well under this light, but I have tangs, snails that take care of it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new