What have I done...RTN/STN?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnson556
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Might have missed it while skimming through the thread but do you check tds on your RO/DI water and or chloramine in your source water?
 
Might have missed it while skimming through the thread but do you check tds on your RO/DI water and or chloramine in your source water?

Chloramine I checked a while back with my buddies test kid who lives half a mile away. Nada, as well as TDS, I’ve never trusted that in-line one that comes with the BRS RODI, use a separate tester and always get 0 tds.

It has to be from the rapid increase than decrease in phosphate and or temp, alk has been rock solid, I haven’t change any thing in months other than that dose of phosphate.

As of now corals aren’t looking any better, slimer will prob be a goner but everything else might pull through. I just set up a small frag tank so i chopped up a small portion of a bonsai and some other stuff. At this points I’m just going to be patient and make sure everything is stable.

8D2308D5-31DA-485D-808E-8064EEF053B3.jpeg
 
I just had a realization, could this have been caused by Dino's? I have a small amount of it growing on the right corner that I've been sucking out weekly. Still comes back, would Dino's cause the tips to burn/die like this?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new