What heater

MounteeFrag

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2013
Messages
589
Reaction score
99
Location
Morgantown WV
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
What heater will fit in a Red Sea Max Nano XL? Vertical or Horizontal? I would like to lay it flat under the protein skimmer.
 
+1 on the dimensions. I'm a huge fan of the Eheim glass heaters, they just work. The only problem is that they are really long for the size, so that may exclude them.
 
I ran a vertical heater in mine. Fluval, I think? Never had any issues with it, and kept my tank around the 78-79 mark
 
+1 on the dimensions. I'm a huge fan of the Eheim glass heaters, they just work. The only problem is that they are really long for the size, so that may exclude them.
I like the jager heaters too but i wouldnt fully submerge a glass heater with the temp adjustment dial on top. They say you can but ive had multiple failures over the years doing that with them. They last much longer if you keep the top dry.
 
BRS 100 watt titanium for its slim design and virtually unbreakable, can be mounted both ways, plugged into an INKBIRD 306a, wifi, dual probe, for safety.

A solid and safe reef heating package IMM.

I don’t use the glass stuff anymore (unless it’s caged) glass heaters can break and can be quite destructive very fast.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new