What if any

thelonereefer1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2022
Messages
342
Reaction score
206
Location
Lafayette
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to be moving my current system once again. It was up and running for about a year and a half. Then we moved it (same day across town) been running for about 9/10 months and will be moving it again in a week. What kind? How bad, if any? Of a potential reset or set back would be reasonable to expect. I can provide more details if needed. It is lightly stocked with fish and a few basic corals. However, I will be transferring out of another tank that I have outgrown once the tank settles in more corals - torches, hammers, sps etc
 
A lot depends on how long and how you will be doing the transport. I would say you might expect to go through some imbalances in microbiology and you will probably see some undesired algae or bacterial blooms. Might even have a small/fast nitrogen cycle going on.

But it would even be possible that you see almost no effect. Really depends on how long is it going to be taken apart, will rocks stay submerged, etc…
 
A matter of hours. Rocks will stay in water but I’m thinking 3-4 hours. I’m moving it 7 miles from one office to another. I’ll have the existing and new location prepped as much as possible so on the big day it’s a matter of draining the water. Removing rock and sand. Hauling the tank and set back up
 
I didn’t see much of a setback the first time and that was easily an all day affair. However there were no corals involved
 
A matter of hours. Rocks will stay in water but I’m thinking 3-4 hours. I’m moving it 7 miles from one office to another. I’ll have the existing and new location prepped as much as possible so on the big day it’s a matter of draining the water. Removing rock and sand. Hauling the tank and set back up
Wouldn’t expect to see major things in that case. Maybe some algae bloom and nutrient spike, but you should be good :)
 
If transporting fish, it’s a good idea to have an air stone with battery operated pump or bag fish with oxygen.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new