What in the world is this??

Briana Mann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, a couple days ago i was watching my boyfriends saltwater tank (29g Biocube) and i noticed that on his wrasses there are some whitespecks haning off of them, we tried contacting the fish store that sold us the fish and they wouldnt help us out. does anybody have any idea what in the world is going on??!!

OP
OP
B

Briana Mann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill be able to get some pictures when i get home later today. im just a little scared beause i spent around $100 on this beautiful fairy wrasse and hes the one who had the specks first now its onto my melanurus. were hoping it doest get to our new clouded wrasse but so far it looks like they have effected the majority of our fish.

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill be able to get some pictures when i get home later today. im just a little scared beause i spent around $100 on this beautiful fairy wrasse and hes the one who had the specks first now its onto my melanurus. were hoping it doest get to our new clouded wrasse but so far it looks like they have effected the majority of our fish.

Any updates or ideas on what is going on Briana? Hoping you all have a plan for your wrasses / tank.

OP
OP
B

Briana Mann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, we finally found out that theres something wrong with our baby wrasse and he had flukes on him were having to seperate all of our fish into different 5 gallon tanks to heal.

OP
OP
B

Briana Mann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, We have been waiting till i get paid to go buy everything we need to help cure this. we have the bio cube drained and everything taken out and separated to be cleaned. praying that everything goes good and that we can get it taken care of in a quick matter.

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP, how did you determine it was flukes? Do you have any pictures that we can see?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back