what intensity to set for xr 30

  • Thread starter Thread starter kac0143
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kac0143

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
503
Reaction score
47
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
I have two Generation 4 pros on top of my waterbox 130 using ecotech marine tank mounts. My tank is lps and softies. Coral are near top of tank all the way to the bottom.
What kind of lighting schedule do you suggest and what brightness and intensity? Thanks
 
I really depends on what you want. I will always recommend the AB+ program. I looks good and is proven to grow corals. As far as intensity, that's the tricky part. Without a par meter you are only guessing, XR30's can put out a ton of par. I hate to tell you a intensity setting because it may or may not be to much. If I had to give an setting, I would go with maybe 30 percent to start as its a LPS/Softie tank.
 
running about 35 percent right now. Thanks for your input.
 
I recently just installed 3 xr30 gen 4, running AB+ at 50% and my sps is growing like crazy
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new