What is a standard frag rack "opening"?

shollis2814

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
599
Reaction score
345
Location
Nashville, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In one of my computer classes I teach 3D modeling and we have a printer. I always play around with a project as well and put it up on the screen so kids can watch me work as they work. I think it helps if they see me mess up, save often, and tweak.

This year, I am thinking of designing some sort of frag rack. I have seen some designs that can use magnets to adjust height in your tank. I also have some 3d Frag plug plans, but some of my frags had some non standard plugs with a larger bulb base (I think they are from Shedd Aquarium, but I can't be sure. LFS said they were proprietary to a big aquarium and kind of their calling card).

So, what's the range of frag plug bases, or are most of them pretty standard? I'm thinking somewhere between 1/2-3/4" opening would allow a plug base to go through, but still support the plug plate itself.

Sorry if that is a silly question. Really new to fragging. As in, a couple of days ago I knocked a blade off my Pavona and I'm going to frag it, new.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new