What is AF Pro bio F

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what's actually in this stuff? I've rotated through multiple different sources of bacteria in an attempt to add diversity to my tank which was started with dry rock and sand. Nothing has ever caused this type of ORP swing. I've dosed it twice now with large and immediate drops as seen on the graphs Nov 4th and this morning.

IMG_1411.jpeg IMG_1413.png

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua forest has a facebook page. bet you get an answer over there.
P.S. since I have switched to Aquaforest salt my tank has never looked better.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know and I think it unlikely they will tell you what is there besides bacteria.

FWIW, many possible molecules cause sudden ORP drops. All antioxidants, such as vitamin C, will do that.

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know and I think it unlikely they will tell you what is there besides bacteria.

FWIW, many possible molecules cause sudden ORP drops. All antioxidants, such as vitamin C, will do that.
As mentioned I purchased this as a bacteria to supplement the microbiome of my young tank. Upon reading the insert it appears it supplies and supports the bacteria related to denitrification in lieu of carbon dosing. Since I recently began infusing vinegar I'm not sure if the use of this product may be contraindicated.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned I purchased this as a bacteria to supplement the microbiome of my young tank. Upon reading the insert it appears it supplies and supports the bacteria related to denitrification in lieu of carbon dosing. Since I recently began infusing vinegar I'm not sure if the use of this product may be contraindicated.

It isn’t. If nitrate gets to your target or lower, just drop one or the other of these products.

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn’t. If nitrate gets to your target or lower, just drop one or the other of these products.
Thanks. Since I've got the vinegar going and I'm just using the Pro Bio to supplement bacteria I'm adding it weekly not daily as directed. I alternate various types and am currently adding the Pro Bio, MB 7 and Dr Tims Eco Balance each once per week. This is all due to starting my tank 16 months ago with dry rock and encountering the usual issues.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 106 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back