What is going on with my hammer? Please Help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter J.Pelfrey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

J.Pelfrey

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2021
Messages
17
Reaction score
13
Location
Wellington
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looked fine last night. Today my wife just sent me this video while I’m at work. It’s been in the tank for close to a year and has been growing pretty well. It looks a little closed up at the moment because the lights are still out. Should I be worried? Should I do anything?
53EE94FE-A93E-4BA2-BE4B-7FFBAACF816F.png
 
Everything looked fine last night. Today my wife just sent me this video while I’m at work. It’s been in the tank for close to a year and has been growing pretty well. It looks a little closed up at the moment because the lights are still out. Should I be worried? Should I do anything?
53EE94FE-A93E-4BA2-BE4B-7FFBAACF816F.png
This is ciliate sponge which is a poriferan sponge and as you see can be invasive. Take the frag out and place in a container of tank water. Use a dental type pick or small crochet needle and gently pull off. Other option is to inject with air or vinegar via syringe which will stop it
 
This is ciliate sponge which is a poriferan sponge and as you see can be invasive. Take the frag out and place in a container of tank water. Use a dental type pick or small crochet needle and gently pull off. Other option is to inject with air or vinegar via syringe which will stop it
Thank you! I will go at it just as you said. I think there is a small on on the head next to it also. Do you know if they spread easily?
 
Thank you! I will go at it just as you said. I think there is a small on on the head next to it also. Do you know if they spread easily?
They can if provided a food source
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new