What is growing on my GSP

Islander722

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2026
Messages
48
Reaction score
27
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone!

I have some of this white filament growing on my GSP Frag and am not sure what it may be. Any ideas?

Thank you!
20260525_210226_089C7C0A-295E-4F3C-ABE6-ADBA13D765DB.png


20260525_210226_66FBBC45-FD8D-4E5D-A02A-9BE2C8E6F1EB.png
 
hmm hard to tell but my guess would be a sponge. Are you able tell if it's soft/hard to the touch?
 
Hard to tell from the photo. I worry about the tissue/encrusting of your gsp. The tissue is supposed to be purple. The lower portion, yours is purple and healthy while the top section is browing. Make sure there is enough flow on it. As the gsp creeps up the wall, the light may start to burn it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new