What is growing on my trochus?

nessyyy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, just wondering what these red bubble things growing on my trochus are? They are no where else on the tank, just on his shell. Are they beginnings of bubble algae? Should I remove these? I tried sucking them up with a pipette to no avail.
20191215_140534.jpg

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t tell really from photo. maybe flatworms ? Will they siphon or scratch off snail with not much effort?

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears to possibly be some sort of botryocladia, if you don't want something like that growing in your tank, you may want to take the snail out and scrape off the algae into a small container/cup so that you can throw away the water & algae. Otherwise, fragments may float away and grow somewhere else in the tank if you remove it inside the tank.

SPS247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, just wondering what these red bubble things growing on my trochus are? They are no where else on the tank, just on his shell. Are they beginnings of bubble algae? Should I remove these? I tried sucking them up with a pipette to no avail.
20191215_140534.jpg
Looks like red bubble algae. I would pull the snail out scrub the shell in a cup with tank water then rinse with fresh tank water in another cup before placing back into the tank.

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to keep a snail with hair on , we called it the z z top. when algae grow somewhere they have les tendency to bloom somewhere else.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back