What is MACNA really like?

Jadeinsk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so unfortunately I won't be able to attend the 2013 MACNA seeing as its in a few days but I am thinking about going to the 2014 one,(depending upon where it is held and the cost of travel,hotels,etc.) but I wanted to know what it's like to go to MACNA? Is the banquette worth the extra $$ and what's the "vibe" of the whole event? Is it really that spectacular or should I save my money and just go to a local fish store or swap?

Any ideas,opinions,info,etc. about your experiences at MACNA would be super cool!

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MACNA is a tradeshow and convention for fish geeks. Normally there are at least 24 speakers who give talks on different topics. You can see at least 250 different vendors who sell fish, corals, hardware, etc. You can meet reps from the different companies that make all of the pieces of your reef tank. And there is a lot of partying going on. You get to meet a lot of the folks that you only know as a name and avatar on sites like this one. It is bigger than any other marine hobby show in the world that is exclusively designed for us the hobbyists.

JMMJ13902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
MACNA is a tradeshow and convention for fish geeks. Normally there are at least 24 speakers who give talks on different topics. You can see at least 250 different vendors who sell fish, corals, hardware, etc. You can meet reps from the different companies that make all of the pieces of your reef tank. And there is a lot of partying going on. You get to meet a lot of the folks that you only know as a name and avatar on sites like this one. It is bigger than any other marine hobby show in the world that is exclusively designed for us the hobbyists.

Well said..

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have they said where next years at?

Yes it will be announced at this years MACNA. Most likely the 2014 host club will have some sort of price break for people willing to register for it at this years MACNA.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back