What is not needed for a reef tank, but you absolutely have to have in your's.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So , it can be equipment, animals, really anything. What is your have to have, but is not needed. For me it's a big refugium for my tank size. Give us your must have

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not by choice, but always some kinda "pest(s)."
AEFW
Leopard polyclad flatworms
Aiptasia

and that dirty salt creep.

Otherwise, just some fish and corals. :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :cool:

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something that’s not talked about enough is RFAs. Super hardy, readily avaliable, no need for kalk, easy to feed (and over feed), and some absolutely stunning colors and variations. I have 2 in my 13 galling and I don’t see a future tank where I don’t have one of these!

OP
OP
Cichlid Dad

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A ReefMat and an ATO. Never going back to filter socks and daily manual top offs again.
Still saving for mine! Reef mat I mean

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something that’s not talked about enough is RFAs. Super hardy, readily avaliable, no need for kalk, easy to feed (and over feed), and some absolutely stunning colors and variations. I have 2 in my 13 galling and I don’t see a future tank where I don’t have one of these!
Living my dream. Impossible to find in Australia, only one store just got them, and is selling babies at $550 AUD, so $350 USD, and the babies are tiny, fingernail sized. I want them so badly, but man that cost is ridiculous.

Skay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living my dream. Impossible to find in Australia, only one store just got them, and is selling babies at $550 AUD, so $350 USD, and the babies are tiny, fingernail sized. I want them so badly, but man that cost is ridiculous.
why do they cost so much there? i just bought one for $21 usd in the states yesterday

OP
OP
Cichlid Dad

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely an ATO for me. It’s as close as you can get to a necessary piece of equipment without actually being necessary.
I never thought of it that way but you are absolutely correct! Would never go back to manual

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why do they cost so much there? i just bought one for $21 usd in the states yesterday
They aren't located here, since they're USA, we can't import anything into Aus besides fish. We get these pacific RFAs, but nowhere near the colour of the US ones. Someone a store got em in, so they have a monoply on the market :(

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you buy online from a US store?

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely an ATO for me. It’s as close as you can get to a necessary piece of equipment without actually being necessary.
Agreeing with the ATO as well, makes keeping up with water so much easier for me and gives me a little peace of mind when I am out of town for a couple of days.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame scallops & Sea Apples with ornamental macros.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 32

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back