What is something every reefer should experience once?

Except for lionfish and scorpionfish, I try to hand catch my fish if I have to move them. I rarely move them once they get home. Nets injure a lot of fish at PetCo and other LFS, imo.

Here's a thread:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/switched-to-the-colander-avoiding-the-net.1159769/
We had tiny clownfish in our 55 at first. Made the typical “I want that specific clownfish” request. This was when I learned when to just walk out of lfs if this guy is on the floor (take a number sortof deal and I ended up with him). You woulda thought he was getting stung by a bee or something while trying to catch a snake. Or better yet it was more like practicing a wand spell underwater. He did end up injuring one of them and kinda did a “Here it is, do you still want it?” I didn’t, but also felt so bad for this poor fish, especially if it had to relive that again later so we took it; probably woulda died there anyways if we didn’t just don’t ask how it ended. Hobby is a money pit anyways right?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new