What is that!! A R2R guide to common new tank hitchhikers.

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool, nice job @Crabs Mcjones and @KJ !!! I always see you do the job properly, always you try to help to the people who need a help xD
What you think about to include on the OP and some usefull links, where the people can compare some of the hitchhikers ?
For example: https://www.lionfishlair.com/hitchhikers-guide/ ...
I have good DB from reefers, but I'll provide only if it's needed ;)
Thank you again about the sticky thread, it will help to many new and to some old reefers ! (just they have to check)

Regards: SHNICI - Georgi

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for starting with dry rock, and dipping everything I introduce into the tank I'm shocked how many of these guys have found their way into the system.
Introducing and the smallest bit of LR or something in the tank from other tank, you can expect many creatures, and almost never mind in what you dip.., the best way is QT for few weeks or so and to inspect every day/night for hitchhikers

GrndHog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know not the best pic but are these white octopus looking creatures good or bad AdobePhotoshopExpress_2018_08_25_05_25_44.jpg

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now you need to post more typical pictures - for example micro brittle star arms reaching out from rock, peanut worm tentacles, out of focus... wait. Not that last one.

Great sticky! I like to guess at hitchhiker identification from post titles. It works when it's one of the ones on this list.

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Crabs Mcjones & @KJ , what to update the OP with green/red bubble algae (which the people can just scrub properly from the LR and popping take off the bubbles)? Too and some people can find limpets, which tend to be good, but if they miss the keyhole limpets they can be in trouble with ?
P.S. I know it's much writing, but once (like you already done it) start writing isn't that hard time by time to update the thread ;) (I'm unable to, because can't touch it, and the second thing My English isn't perfect enough to describe the stuff like you do :p )

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Crabs Mcjones & @KJ , what to update the OP with green/red bubble algae (which the people can just scrub properly from the LR and popping take off the bubbles)? Too and some people can find limpets, which tend to be good, but if they miss the keyhole limpets they can be in trouble with ?
P.S. I know it's much writing, but once (like you already done it) start writing isn't that hard time by time to update the thread ;) (I'm unable to, because can't touch it, and the second thing My English isn't perfect enough to describe the stuff like you do :p )

We could, but I wanted to gear this more towards critters rather than algaes. Theres a whole separate forum for algae :)

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We could, but I wanted to gear this more towards critters rather than algaes. Theres a whole separate forum for algae :)
Ok Dude, you are right about the algae's. I just mentioned it because if you check the "Hitchhiker & Critter ID" forum, you can see many and many people posting about that particular algae ;)
So at the moment you will stick with the critters. Gotch ya

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Dude, you are right about the algae's. I just mentioned it because if you check the "Hitchhiker & Critter ID" forum, you can see many and many people posting about that particular algae ;)
So at the moment you will stick with the critters. Gotch ya
Be patient with the algea ID my friend;)

Back