What is the brown stuff it keeps coming back!

jacobcoral

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2025
Messages
373
Reaction score
109
Location
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what this is, but I think it’s coming out of my zoas.

image.jpg
 
I don’t know what this is, but I think it’s coming out of my zoas.

image.jpg
Impossible to accurately ID under that lighting. Move a piece up closer to the front and turn off the blue lighting.
 
could be dino's, could be bryopsis or similar type of nuisance algae. we wont know for sure unless pictures are clearer(white light) and focused on the areas you'd like for us to properly identify.

have you tested your water? what is your filtration like? i notice a lot of surface skim on the water line which could indicate poor flow/water aeration.

edit: seems like dino's from your picture above.
 
could be dino's, could be bryopsis or similar type of nuisance algae. we wont know for sure unless pictures are clearer(white light) and focused on the areas you'd like for us to properly identify.

have you tested your water? what is your filtration like? i notice a lot of surface skim on the water line which could indicate poor flow/water aeration.

edit: seems like dino's from your picture above.
How do I get rid of Dino’s. I had issues with nitrates and phosphate but I brought it down and everything is in check. I use a hang on the back sachem filter.
 
Looks like Dino. Without microscopic ID it can't be verified. I would treat it as Dino though. Thank you for the image.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new