What is the most unusual fish you have seen?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of different fish in the world, and some of them are a little on the odd side. I am wondering what is the most unusual fish you have ever seen? This could be a reef safe fish or one that is not exactly reef safe. Curious to see what everyone says!

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Longhorn cowfish is the fish draw me into this hobby. However 30 years later, I still haven't own one lol
download (2).jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of different fish in the world, and some of them are a little on the odd side. I am wondering what is the most unusual fish you have ever seen? This could be a reef safe fish or one that is not exactly reef safe. Curious to see what everyone says!
Honestly I’m not too sure the most unusual as I have a list of oddball fish I’ve seen and/or kept.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I can really only think of one unusual fish I've seen in someones tank and it was a Flying Gurnard.
Not sure how long they had it. Seems like it needed to be in a really large tank.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can really only think of one unusual fish I've seen in someones tank and it was a Flying Gurnard.
Not sure how long they had it. Seems like it needed to be in a really large tank.
That would be really cool to have one of those fish

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The strangest fish I've ever seen in person was probably an oreni tilefish. Wild looking fish in real life
Most tilefish I think belong on this list, the ore I is one I’ve seen 5-6 times now and honestly I prefer the other species’ over them.

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not the most unique fish overall, but the most unique fish I own. A clingfish:

1706114569541.png

1706114589650.png

Not my pictures, but I really like having this guy in the tank. He eats right out of the turkey baster. He'll even jump onto my hand sometimes if I try to give him pellets. I'm working on getting him more comfortable with hand feeding. They're terrible at finding their own food, so I always target feed him.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back