andika

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
how nopox reduce no3 , po4 ? is it will reduce based on redfield ration ? 14 : 1 / no3 : po4 ?
several weeks ago i've 0.00xx po4 and 1-2ppm nitrate.
then i put some small fish, feed them 2x a day with liquid pods, feeding reef roids twice a week then after a week, ab+ everyday.
my po4 0.2 - 0.25 and nitrat 4-5 ..
i've 3 months old tank 290L LPS dominated.
so far i dont see any issues with algae outbreak, coral looks good.
but just want to reduce po4 to around 0.1
i have nopox, never use it from 1,5 months ago .

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I would probably reduce the amount if reef energy your using as you have some nutrients in the system for the corals to eat. I know what the instructions say, but as long as the water isn’t ‘sterile’ you will be fine.

I use a mixture of reef energy and reef roids mixed together, but only every 2 weeks

Nopox is good for nitrate control, but not for phosphate and as your nitrates are fine, I would look into rowaphos (GFO) as an option, I use it 24/7 as you want to keep phosphate locked down very low at around 0.03ppm to avoid many unwanted issues such as hair algae etc.

OP
andika

andika

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I would probably reduce the amount if reef energy your using as you have some nutrients in the system for the corals to eat. I know what the instructions say, but as long as the water isn’t ‘sterile’ you will be fine.

I use a mixture of reef energy and reef roids mixed together, but only every 2 weeks

Nopox is good for nitrate control, but not for phosphate and as your nitrates are fine, I would look into rowaphos (GFO) as an option, I use it 24/7 as you want to keep phosphate locked down very low at around 0.03ppm to avoid many unwanted issues such as hair algae etc.

i see, i will go for rowaphos to phosphate control.
my no3 seems fine, just need to lower the phosphate.
thank you

Toys For Kids Drive

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

What's the first coral you ever bought?

• An invasive soft coral

Votes: 69 18.6%
  • Zoanthids

Votes: 96 25.9%
  • Mushrooms

Votes: 58 15.7%
  • Other Soft Coral

Votes: 48 13.0%