What is this Algea?

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, recently I went out of town and the AC went out. my tank temp when I got back was really high (90C), and I very quickly got it back down to 76 where I keep it. my clownish survived but by the time I got home, my corals, shrimp, and snails had all died. shortly after this weird fuzz showed up on all my rocks, and has spread to patches on the glass and powerheads. it's very easily removed, appears to have a green base and purple tops. it looks like died cotton balls almost. sorry for the bubbles in the picture, I had just finished scraping the tank so I could get a good picture. any idea's what this is?
algea2.jpg
algea1.jpg

Queen City Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Nasabeau,
Looks to me like green hair algae with cyano bacteria growing on top of it. I would recommend removing the rock and scraping the algae off with a toothbrush.

OP
OP
Nasabeau

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Nasabeau,
Looks to me like green hair algae with cyano bacteria growing on top of it. I would recommend removing the rock and scraping the algae off with a toothbrush.
I think maybe the picture makes it weird. I’ll try to get other pics later, but it is definitely not GHA. It’s way too thin and way too branchy

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back