What is this and is it safe?

LostInTheDark

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
474
Reaction score
324
Location
Freehold, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2016-2-24_22-46-36.png


Found this walking around.
 
Haven't bought rock in more then 3 years so hes been in there a while. My wife found it and we couldn't figure out what it was because the body actually wraps around the outside of the shell.
 
If he came in 3years ago and you havent noticed any damage id say he is a good guy!
 
I have one of those too. I'm not sure where he came from as all my rock was dry. I don't see him very often but I think hes pretty cool when his body is wrapped around the shell.

It's a cowrie of some sort. It's never hurt anything and always gives me a little joy when I see him out at night.
 
It looks to me like a cowrie. Good algae grazers. Hard to find them Come in on LR though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new