What is this beutiful frag?

  • Thread starter Thread starter clowner
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

clowner

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
170
Reaction score
124
Location
Queens, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this frag and i HAD to have it.. its definetly an encrusting coral i saw a bigger version encrusted perfectly over a square block... i assumed its sps.. the guy said its kinda like a chalice ...want to learn more so i decided id do the research after buying it (i know thats a bad habbit)
20161207_170636.jpg
 
Looks like a leptoseris to me. I have a JF fake o lantern that looks similar but is orange with green dots. It is in some of the lowest light in my tank otherwise it bleached (granted I have quite a bit of light- 6 ATI T5 + Reef brites over a 40 breeder).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new