What is this Coral?

landyn.s

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2022
Messages
15
Reaction score
6
Location
Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought this beautiful coral LPS, LFS states he believes it’s called a symphilia, I'm unable to find anything like it online, this beautiful piece is about 5x5 inches fully open, I’ve counted 14 mouths. I knew I had to have it but now unable to find its name.

F0EF52C7-BC66-4D44-B45B-7CCBA0763736.jpeg
 
I recently bought this beautiful coral LPS, LFS states he believes it’s called a symphilia, I'm unable to find anything like it online, this beautiful piece is about 5x5 inches fully open, I’ve counted 14 mouths. I knew I had to have it but now unable to find its name.

F0EF52C7-BC66-4D44-B45B-7CCBA0763736.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • 6F55D633-6E1D-4BAB-BDBA-15A919AFFAC7.jpeg
    6F55D633-6E1D-4BAB-BDBA-15A919AFFAC7.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 65
It’s lobophyllia. The genus symphyllia has been synonymized with lobophyllia.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new