What is this inside my mushroom?

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
InkedIMG_1293[625]_LI.jpg
So I picked up this mushroom last week and it seems to be growing great but this morning after some close examination I saw this little white worm looking thing trying to poke through. And throughout the day, every time I check back it seems to have moved to a new spot inside the mushroom.
What is it? Should I pull the mushroom and dip it?

Thanks!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
InkedIMG_1293[625]_LI.jpg
So I picked up this mushroom last week and it seems to be growing great but this morning after some close examination I saw this little white worm looking thing trying to poke through. And throughout the day, every time I check back it seems to have moved to a new spot inside the mushroom.
What is it? Should I pull the mushroom and dip it?

Thanks!
I would dip it just to be safe. It's kind of hard to see in the picture exactly what it is.

OP
OP
BarSnackz

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would dip it just to be safe. It's kind of hard to see in the picture exactly what it is.

Sorry, it's hard to focus on my iPhone to get a decent pic.
I pulled it and dipped it and now it's all shriveled up. Hopefully it'll make a full recovery soon without whatever that thing was inside it.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 42.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 103 49.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back