What is this invert?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mudjawd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mudjawd

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2021
Messages
31
Reaction score
43
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Got this as a hitchhiker in one of the frags I got. What is this critter? Please advise.

IMG_9429.jpeg IMG_9428.jpeg IMG_9424.jpeg
 
It doesn't seem to move much, judging from those photos, so I would say it is definitely slug(g)ish.
 
Looks like a Dermatobranchus sp., but I'm not entirely sure which one. My best guess would be Dermatobranchus diagonalis, but - regardless of species - if it is a Dermatobranchus sp., it's not reef safe (they eat octocorals - softies, gorgonians, GSP, etc.).

Some other (at least sometimes) relatively similar species:
Dermatobranchus striatus
Dermatobranchus caesitius
Dermatobranchus dendronephthyphagus
Dermatobranchus earlei
Dermatobranchus funiculus
Dermatobranchus phyllodes
 
Thanks. I saw it on my clove polyps in the morning . I’ve removed it and hoping it didn’t lay eggs already
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new