Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it's the purple dragon acro!!! It is very sought of and truly hard to find...;)

Ahahahahah just playing.. Looks like a dead macro or seafan that coralline grew over... Nothing to be worried about..

OP
OP
A

ahub421

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have yet to see it/them in person. Seller tells me they are hard and look to be covered with coriline. Going to pick up the livestock tomorrow. My display is clean so far thank goodness, quarintine tank has feather dusters. Guessing I'm in for a long wait time to starve out the aptasia and feathers. Seller has a bunch of named corals but says he doesn't know what theses are?? Just trying to find out what I'm up against.
Thanks for taking your time to help!!!

Reef lvr, I wasn't smart enough to load the pic but the link will take you to it.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won't be able to "starve" the aptasia out. You have to physically kill them. Kalk paste works great.

OP
OP
A

ahub421

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I do have a tile cutting blade on my angle grinder, maybe I should cut as much of the rock off as I can. I don't need the rock.

Yes bubble and hair algae as well.

Hicker4twenty, was told they are hard.

OP
OP
A

ahub421

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap was this guys tank in rough shape! I took this stuff home and dislodged what I could and cut the rock off the rest. Man did my angle grinder with tile blade go right through the rock! So you know how this goes, some of the mystery sticks will somehow survive and still the question is what to do? I can add a new clue, they were not hard, kind of like bristles of a medium brush. They were purple looking like they were coraline.

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think those flimsy sticks are actually sponge, and if so, no problem at all unless you have a die off.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap was this guys tank in rough shape!QUOTE]

From the pictures you have posted the tank looked like it was just a mature reef tank. I dont see any thing, other than some bubble algae, that would mean his tank was in rough shape.

OP
OP
A

ahub421

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did buy it so not to rough right. Salinity 1.029, bubble algae that was taking over some corals, these stickish things, lots of mature aptasia etc. but the guy was getting out so it would only be normal to let things slide a bit. I feel good about the deal so don't get me wrong.

fish&corals

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would get rid of the bubble tho for starters .. but dont pop it or you will have a really bad break out ..

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back