What is this SPS disease/pest/problem?

  • Thread starter Thread starter vanguard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

vanguard

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2023
Messages
261
Reaction score
215
Location
Raleigh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to influence you with my guess but I'm seeing missing flesh on my corals. Can you watch the video (40 seconds) and tell me what you think is causing this?



Relavant info:
KH 9.36 (ranges from 8.8 to 9.4ish)
CA: 452
MG: 1403
PH: 8.3
Tank Age: 6 months, but it was a transfer so kind of older in a way
PO4: .18 a few weeks ago but it's .12 now.
NO3: 11 (lowered from 20 over the course of three months)
Notes: All the problem corals are on the same rock structure, as far as we know. We've seen it before and they recovered. Nutrient issues are our current battle but I think we're winning.
 
Remove a coral and swirl it around in a container of saltwater. Use a turkey baster if you can. Look to see if any AEFW’s come off.
 
Hmm, two guesses for AEFW. My guess was the molly miller blenny. We got her to eat aiptasia but I think she's nipping my SPS.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new