What is this tentacle that has emerged from my green star polyp?

OP
OP
Dave Clark

Dave Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that's the difference between Google and real ppl who have experience in this, Mr Google, bates/ musk or any other can't not help you.
Reef2reef members are here though :)
I know ... I just feel like I gotta do the due diligence ... though I'm happy that this forum doesn't seem to be like most where whenever you ask a question, people reply with Here Let Me Google That For You. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

prodbot7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool. Be sure to take precautions (like making sure powerheads are covered, etc.) yo avoid stressing/damaging the cucumber…. Best to avoid cuke-nuke…. Also if you do notice it looking stressed, aggressive skimming, carbon, and water changes are a good idea.

OP
OP
Dave Clark

Dave Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. Be sure to take precautions (like making sure powerheads are covered, etc.) yo avoid stressing/damaging the cucumber…. Best to avoid cuke-nuke…. Also if you do notice it looking stressed, aggressive skimming, carbon, and water changes are a good idea.
How will I know when it's stressed if it's hiding under that GSP? ;-)

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How will I know when it's stressed if it's hiding under that GSP? ;-)
He’s just saying a dead cucumber or stressed can release poisons into the water. I’ve got a few SC from gulf live rock and have had some tank mishaps and have never had a problem. That cucumber isn’t that big ATM….So I wouldn’t stress about it.

OP
OP
Dave Clark

Dave Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s just saying a dead cucumber or stressed can release poisons into the water. I’ve got a few SC from gulf live rock and have had some tank mishaps and have never had a problem. That cucumber isn’t that big ATM….So I wouldn’t stress about it.
Yep, my rock came from Gulf Live Rock, interesting. Thanks.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 13.5 gallon Fluval Evo. I run Rox 0.8 carbon, and Purigen.
Definitely take everything real slow with this being your first tank and it being a smaller tank. I’m sure you’ve read or heard that before. Things fluctuate quickly in that size tank so be cautious with how you feed or if you every dose anything in the tank.

OP
OP
Dave Clark

Dave Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely take everything real slow with this being your first tank and it being a smaller tank. I’m sure you’ve read or heard that before. Things fluctuate quickly in that size tank so be cautious with how you feed or if you every dose anything in the tank.
Thanks, I'm definitely keeping a close eye on it. This is my first reef tank; before this I had a FOWLR (with some bubbletip anemones) and planted freshwater tanks.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back