OP
OP
alindell

alindell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I worry about it. It's kinda cool looking but at the same time it seems to spread fast

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I worry about it. It's kinda cool looking but at the same time it seems to spread fast
I wouldn't say to worry about, but I'd say to keep an eye on them and remove some as needed, as they can get mildly invasive, and they do have a bit more potent of a sting than typical RFA's as I understand it.

If the population starts getting too out of hand or wandering more than you're comfortable with, then you can get rid of all of them, or you can setup a little nem tank and move them all into that.

That said, I'd also suggest seeing if there's an LFS or hobbyists in your area that would take them in case you end up with more than you care to have.

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't say to worry about, but I'd say to keep an eye on them and remove some as needed, as they can get mildly invasive, and they do have a bit more potent of a sting than typical RFA's as I understand it.

If the population starts getting too out of hand or wandering more than you're comfortable with, then you can get rid of all of them, or you can setup a little nem tank and move them all into that.

That said, I'd also suggest seeing if there's an LFS or hobbyists in your area that would take them in case you end up with more than you care to have.
Bit off topic, but ispeakfortheseas, r u a biologist by any chance?
And beautiful nem!

Mechano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys are cool little Nems , but like said above, they do or can get invasive, reproduce quite frequently and aren’t the easier to get off rocks as they tend to burrow down further in crevasses in live rock.

Back