What is this

noxthedragon1236

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ingot this frag from a friend he didn't know what it it's. Someone on here said they think it's a zoa. But I think it's a gonipora of some kind. Anyone got any ideas.

20240201_200745.jpg 20240202_085757.jpg

ReefingDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could very well be a very unhealthy goniopora. Looks like it's growing on a dead goniopora skeleton. Count the petals on the polyps. If they are 24 each, then they are likely goniopora.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas on how to help it comeback
I dont know. Im from the older days when most reefers couldnt keep a goni or alveopora alive to save their lives. (thats how I know what it looks like) I come back and they are everywhere now, but still have some mystery to their care. At least I havent found anyone that can say for certain what or how to keep them alive. I have heard low light low flow, high light low to moderate flow, high light high flow, feed dont feed, and what to feed is all over the board. I have seen them thrive in these tanks under what these people are saying, How can success be so drastically different from what we used to do? The only thing that most agree on is get one that is aquacultured from a tank that has been blessed by at least 2 popes in the last century. ( jk on the pope part)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back