What is this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike_1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike_1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2022
Messages
64
Reaction score
25
Location
MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m familiar with diatoms I guess but I’ve never seen brown flower-y looking things. Anyone know what this is?

IMG_3438.jpeg IMG_3437.jpeg
 
I kinda figured/hoped it wasn’t anything to crazy. Been slowly adding more and more crabs/snails/clean up crew so I’m sure it’ll get cleaned up eventually
 
Yeah it’s new. I’ve got a 2ish year old 15 gallon but this is my largest (75).

Smaller tank didn’t really get anything odd other than super fun bristle worms
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new