What is this?

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what this is? Its very slow growing, i dont think its any type of algae i should be worried about since it it so slow growing. Disregard the gha, i just started vibrant to clean up the tank.

20200202_222904.jpg

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what this is? Its very slow growing, i dont think its any type of algae i should be worried about since it it so slow growing. Disregard the gha, i just started vibrant to clean up the tank.

20200202_222904.jpg
Halimeda?

I know that this isn’t what this thread is about, but I’ve seen a lot of threads lately where vibrant caused problems. Just wanted to make sure that you’re aware of the possible dangers

OP
OP
J

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Halimeda?

I know that this isn’t what this thread is about, but I’ve seen a lot of threads lately where vibrant caused problems. Just wanted to make sure that you’re aware of the possible dangers
I havent seen those, just all the positive ones about how it cures everything. I didnt think it wss a cure all but so far it seems to be helping mine. Ive had golden algae, chrysophytes, that ive neen battling forever. Then i have an occasional gha pop up. So far the chrysophytes have been thinning out. I figured once everything is cleared up i would taper it off a lot and see what happens.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent seen those, just all the positive ones about how it cures everything. I didnt think it wss a cure all but so far it seems to be helping mine. Ive had golden algae, chrysophytes, that ive neen battling forever. Then i have an occasional gha pop up. So far the chrysophytes have been thinning out. I figured once everything is cleared up i would taper it off a lot and see what happens.
Did you check to see if the algae looks like halimeda?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back